Sgt. Al Jenkins riding Tecumseh across the Humber River just below the cliffs of Baby Point where once a huge First Nations village thrived.
Teiaiagon was a Seneca village on the east bank of the Humber River in Toronto. The name means ‘It crosses the stream’. The site is currently near the intersection of Jane and Bloot Streets. Built, 1676, some 50 years after the arrival of Etienne Brule, it was a trading post and meeting place between the First Nations and European traders.
The village was inhabited by 4000-5000 people and comprised of 50 long houses.