P.C. Jill Finley and police mount Sabre. The R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is both a crucial piece of infrastructure and an architecturally acclaimed historic building. It is located in the east of the city along the shore of Lake Ontario.
The plant was built between 1932 and 1941 and is named after the long time commissioner of Toronto’s public works Rowland Caldwell Harris. The building, unlike most modern engineering structures, was also created to make an architectural statement. Fashioned in the Art Deco style, the cathedral-like structure remains one of Toronto’s most admired buildings. It is, however, little known to outsiders. The interiors are just as opulent with marble entryways and vast halls filled with pools of water and filtration equipment. The plant has thus earned the nickname The Palace of Purification.