P.C. Amanda Petticrew riding Elvis at Simcoe and King.
*Four Nations Corner: *The King and Simcoe Streets intersection was a busy place in the latter part of the 19th century. *Government House*, the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, was located in the block now occupied by Roy Thomson Hall and Metro Hall and the Parliament Buildings were in the block to the south. Upper Canada College stood on the north west corner. A popular tavern was on the north-east corner. St. Andrews Church opened in 1876, is still on the fourth corner. The four corners were known as “The Four Nations: Legislation, Education, Damnation and Salvation.